The purpose of the Parish Council is to represent the community in matters of local government, to improve the quality of life through community schemes and to provide services such as allotments, leisure facilities, bus shelters. It needs to understand the needs of different groups within the parish and when making difficult decisions, act in an open and impartial way.
There are 8 Councillors and a Clerk.
Parishioners are welcome to attend meetings either to listen to what is being discussed or to bring matters to the attention of the Council.
The Clerk is Alison Feist and she can be contacted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephoning 07772 389234. Please contact her if you wish to raise an issue with the Parish Council.
Who can stand as a Parish Councillor?
Elections to the Parish Council are held every four years and the last election was in May 2019. The next election will be in May 2023.
To stand for election to become a parish councillor you must be:
- At least 18 years old on the day of your nomination, and
- A British citizen, an eligible Commonwealth citizen or a citizen of any other member state of the European Union
You must also meet at least one of the following four qualifications:
- You are, and will continue to be, registered as a local government elector for the parish in which you wish to stand from the day of your nomination onwards, or
- You have occupied as owner or tenant any land or other premises in the parish area during the whole of the 12 months before the day of your nomination and the day of election, or
- Your main or only place of work during the 12 months prior to the day of your nomination and the day of election has been in the parish area, or
- You have lived in the parish area or within three miles of it during the whole of the 12 months before the day of your nomination and the day of election.
The Herefordshire County Councillor is Barry Durkin who represents Old Gore Ward. Barry can be contacted by e-mail:email@example.com or by phone: 07792 882054
Member of Parliament
Our MP is Bill Wiggin who represents North Herefordshire. Bill lives in the village and can be contacted through his association office on 01568 612565.
The Parish Council meets at 7pm in the Millennium Hall on the first Tuesday of every month.
|7th December 2021|
|1st February 2022|
|1st March 2022|
|5th April 2022|
|3rd May 2022|
|7th June 2022|
|5th July 2022|
|2nd August 2022|
|6th September 2022|
|4th October 2022|
|1st November 2022|
|6th December 2022|
Annual Parish Meeting – Tuesday, May 28th 2019
The 2019 Annual Parish Meeting took place on Tuesday, May 28th. This was a chance for residents to meet their parish councillors, find out what has been going on the in the village over the last year and get an update on the Neighbourhood Development Plan.
This the the 2019 Annual Parish Meeting Presentation.